With Easter being right around the corner (seriously, where is the time going?!), I’m sharing an easy-to-make recipe that was a huge hit in our house during the holidays. If you plan on hosting or attending an Easter brunch this year, you’ll love this broccoli quiche recipe!
All photos captured by Sweet Memories Photography
With 8 of us, 2 pies seemed to do the trick, simply double the recipe if you want to make two. I seriously love how simple this broccoli quiche recipe! Since quiches taste great warm or room temperature you can easily prep it the morning or night before. Brunching at home just got so much easier!
- 1 9-inch pie crust dough (I used the Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 6 oz. shredded cheese (I use the Sargento’s 4 cheese Mexican blend)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Take pie crust out of the refrigerator and let stand 10 minutes.
- Spray Pam onto a glass pie dish and lightly wipe it down, to give it a very light coating.
- Once the pie crust has set out for a few minutes, unroll the dough and line the pie dish with it, then prick the crust 25 times with a fork.
- Place pie dish with the pie crust dough in the oven, and bake for 9-11 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- While the crust bakes, heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and edges begin to brown, about 6-8 minutes.
- Once the onions are done, add them, the broccoli florets, and cheese to bottom of pre-baked pie crust.
- In medium bowl whisk together eggs, yolks, half and half, salt and pepper until combined. Pour mixture over pie crust.
- Bake quiche 35-40 minute or until quiche is set and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Move quiche to wire rack and let cool 15 minutes before serving.
If you love this recipe, you’ll also love these egg muffins!
Subscribe! Get lifestyle inspiration and business tips sent directly to your inbox.