Summer is here and it is HOT in south Florida! We’ve been at the beach, hanging in the pool and craving lite foods to keep us cool this summer. I’m not a huge salad person (mainly because it lacks a certain sweetness that I crave 😛 ), but this fresh strawberry salad is hard to pass up, especially during berry season!
As my mom and I were planning out the menu for the Fourth of July gathering at her house, she requested the “yummy summer salad” I’ve made in the past. This strawberry, walnut, feta cheese salad seemed to be a hit among our guests and can be for you at your next summer gathering!
- 1 bag of spring mix salad
- 1/2 cup of strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, diced
- Handful of crumbled feta cheese
- Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
- In large salad bowl, mix together the greens, strawberries, walnuts and feta cheese
- Add dressing on top of salad and server OR put together a dressing bar and let your guest choose their own salad dressing
What summer eats do you like to make to stay lite and refreshed?