When you’re on the go, you want to make sure you have everything you need with you at all times. This year, I’ve been lucky enough to hit the road on a regular basis, traveling to Dallas and New New Jersey for work, visiting Mexico for our honeymoon (read more about that here), an impromptu weekend in San Francisco with the Mr. and trips back up to Jacksonville to visit family and friends – no wonder I’m starting to feel like a pro.
With all this travel my skin and body start to take a beating and I want to make sure I have everything I need with me to ensure minimal changes to my daily routine. Here are my travel must-haves that I can’t go without:
- Neutrogena Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelettes – this helps easily take off the make-up and prep clean my face without having to overdue the other cleansers.
- Clean & Clear Morning Burst Cleanser – I like this for a few reasons, it’s citrus scented wash helps wake me up in the mornings, especially on days like today where I the alarm was going off at 3am and because it doesn’t clog the pores and is gentle on my skin.
- Clean & Clear Deep Cleansing Astringent – this helps take that final layer of grime off my face, yuck! But exposing my skin to different climates and recycled air in the planes really takes a toll, this astringent helps.
- Benefit Cosmetics Total Moisturizer Facial Cream – perfect for when my skin starts to dry out, but most times I just use it under my eyes where the travel is most noticeable.
- Too Faced Primed & Poreless Face Primer – this is my personable preference as I think it helps minimize my pores and evens out the application of my foundation.
- MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation – this is seriously the perfect lightweight all over coverage I was looking for.
- Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder – I let the foundation dry a bit and then apply this powder to eliminate the dewy look. I like a matte finish and the powder helps me achieve that.
- Benefit Cosmetics Total Moisture Facial Cream
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- MAC Powder Blush and Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzer Matte – the two of these products helps me achieve light contouring by applying the blush on my check bones and the bronzer higher up and near my temples.
- Maybelline Full & Soft Waterproof Mascara and Maybelline Define-A-Line Eyeliner – I like these waterproof eye products to create a natural lash that keeps me ready for anything the day throws my way.
- TRESemme Extra Firm Hold Hairspray – light hold to keep my look lasting throughout the day.
- Nail polish and nail file – I don’t like to go to far without my Essie polish in tow, making sure I always have a good looking manicure.
I know it seems like a lot, but these are my on-the-go essentials to make sure I have everything I need when I travel. I also carry a face and turbie twist hair towel to make getting ready easier. And I try really hard to keep my normal activity level the same by hitting the gym or doing yoga when I travel to keep my body in balance. Now excuse me, I have to finish unpacking from this weekend’s trip and get ready for the next one!
What are your essentials? I’d love to hear what’s on your list and add it to mine!