Happy National Mojito Day!!
Today you’ll find me lounging by the pool, sipping a few mojitos and enjoying time with family and friends! We are prepping the food now, so I’m going to be short and sweet. This mix is typically a huge hit among our friends, so we like to make a large pitcher of the mix ahead of time and then individually add the vodka or rum for each drink poured. Since I am a vodka drinker this helps accommodate each individuals taste.
- 1 cup of lime juice (about 6 limes)
- 1 cup of club soda
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of water
- 10 leaves of mint
- In a pot boil 2 cups of water, once water is boiling, add 2 cups of sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved
- Add the mint leaves into the pot and let sit, after sitting for a few minutes pull the leaves out of the pot
- Squeeze limes to create 1 cup of lime juice
- In pitcher, add the boiled mixture of infused sugar and water, lime juice and club soda (add ice to bring the temperature back down)
- For individual servings, add a shot of Lemon Vodka or Rum to a 8oz glass, add the mojito mix to the glass with ice, then shake or stir and serve
Enjoy these tasty mojitos and cheers to the weekend!