Entertaining is so much more enjoyable with simple, easy-to-make recipes. And if it is a crowd pleaser, it is a win-win. My go-to appetizer when hosting a crowd are these bite-sized sweet & sour meatballs.
Last week I shared the recipe for the cutest Halloween brownies from our Pumpkin Carving Party. So many people commented and agreed that they are the cutest things ever! Many friends said they’ll be making these for their littles this Halloween because their adorable and well, simple. I’ve got another easy-to-make recipe from that evening that is always my go-to when entertaining: semi-homemade sweet and sour meatball appetizers.
Our Pumpkin Carving Party was on a Friday night, so I needed something quick and easy that could be whipped together after work. There are only 4 ingredients for this recipe, you can make this tomorrow night if you wanted!
Ingredients for Sweet & Sour Meatballs
- 4 12oz bags of Celentano frozen meatballs
- 1 8oz can of jellied cranberry sauce
- 5 oz of Maggi Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
Directions for Sweet & Sour Meatballs
- In a large sauce pan, let the jellied cranberry sauce melt by stirring it in the pot on medium heat
- Once the cranberry sauce is soft and broken up, add in the frozen meatballs
- Add in the sweet chili sauce and stir until all of the meatballs are coated in the cranberry and chili sauce mixture
- Lower the temperature of the stove to high-low, cover the pot with a lid and let simmer for 45 minutes or until the meatballs are warmed throughout
- Mix the meatballs and the mixture every 15 minutes or so, once the sauce liquifies and then thickens to coat the meatballs add in the brown sugar and mix well
- Transfer to a crockpot to keep warm and serve!
LOVE IT? SHARE IT! PIN THE IMAGE BELOW!
I don’t know about you, but as soon as fall arrives it seems like my calendar becomes jam-packed with dinner parties, entertaining and events. If you’re scrambling to put something together for your next gathering, try this recipe, I promise it won’t disappoint!
Subscribe! Get recipes, DIY projects and fashion finds sent directly to your inbox.